A Trip Down Memory Lane

Today Merrick asked to go next door to play. He was gone for a bit then returned. I asked, “Could Hayden not play?”

“He asked me to wait outside by my finger got stuck. I can’t get it out.” he starts progressing from a whine to crying. “Why are you taking pictures mom! It’s not funny!”

Finger Stuck Finger Stuck2 Finger Stuck3 Finger Stuck4

THIS KID! Geez. “Let me go grab the oil.” I tell him. “Oils not going to work! I’m going to die!” His finger was getting a little too purple. It was a very tight squeeze. This incident got me reminiscing about him and his accidents. I traveled back in time through Facebook and found this little gem.

March 11, 2014

Does the ER have a punch card? We should create one. Another trip to FMH this evening after an afternoon at the ice park.

Merrick had a helmet on but that’s no match for the slide if you snap your head forward on to the ice rail blocking the helmet from impact with your brow bone. Nice black eye forming about 1 hour in to the trip. We chill out and walk around for a while then make our way to the exit.
Right before the exit is a fish bowl. Imagine a large bowl that can fit 3-4 people, made of ice. You can’t get out without help. Kierran got out with my help, Barrett was getting out with dad’s help but Merrick had to do it without help. Both legs slipped out from under him and he smacked forehead first on to the ice. 2 1/2 hours in. BLOOD WAS EVERYWHERE!

Scott yelled for me, my back was turned chasing Kierran down. When I saw the blood I ran to the ticket booths outside and the entrance booth. Neither had med kits. Mater in fact when I asked I was looked at with a dumbfounded stare. Now I’m getting furious! At the last booth I said “…a med kit. Something to stop bleeding?? Hell toilet paper!” Blank stares all around. And no joke I was relatively calm. Rushing but not yelling. I ran back out and another lady had diapers and wipes to help and another lady approached with two band aids she had in her purse. One baby diaper soaked up the blood that wasn’t already all over the ground, in his hair, eyes and mouth. People were starting to gather and stare.

Scott took the other two boys and pulled the truck around and together we hauled Merrick into the truck and took off to the ER.

At the ER Scott took the other two to the cafeteria for dinner. Third time in three weeks (smile emoji), positive we met our deductible.

I stayed with Merr. He was fantastic! He undressed and wore an awesome gown, got some numbing gel and while we waited for that to soak in (30 min) he watched cartoons on my phone. Then came the nitrous. That kid is funny! The nitrous took effect and they started with the injections. He laughed and laughed. Petted my face and said how he just wanted to kiss me.

Scott took the boys home and my mother-in-law came to take Merr and I home. 2 internal stitches and 8 exterior stitches later we were headed to the cafeteria for some nutritious munchies! Dinner at 8:30pm. Oh, funny, the ER PA was the same one we had two weeks ago.

He’s doing well, sleeping now. Mom and dad and drinking beer to relax so we can sleep. We’re both a tad tense.Ice Park Accident Ice Park Accident2 Ice Park Accident3 Ice Park Accident4 Ice Park Accident5

He surely keep us up to date with our medical knowledge and on our toes!

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s