My lint eater turned out to be more useful and more expensive then I thought. After cleaning out my vents the dryer started throwing out gang signs. E46, AP…eek! Error, error, error. The dryer started smelling really hot too. It’s a propane dryer and it makes me nervous because I’ve never used gas before. Only electric. Crap! And guess what…SCOTT WAS GONE!
I assumed it had to do with my duct tape job so I undid it and continued to use it however my house was super moist and the laundry room had lint sticking to the walls. If I didn’t explain before the dryer didn’t have a dryer hose. The duct from the dryer was just rest near the duct from the wall. Scott duct taped it together until we bought a hose but I undid it to clean out the vents and dryer. When I was finished, I taped it up again. Now fast forward a couple days, Scott comes home with my new dryer. We assumed like every other appliance in the house the dryer was dying. We (as in he) converted the dryer to propane and hooked it up. It worked but the room was still really humid (I used humid because I know my friend Abby appreciated me not using the M word). We came to the conclusion there must be a clog. It’s possible the old dryer does work. Oops!
Scott traveled into the crawl space which was a blessing because we discovered that we really need to get that area fixed up. It’s a wet land mine down there. He undid part of the dryer ducting and saw a huge clog. I put my handy dandy lint mover together and went outside to push the lint out. Omg it was BIG and smelt like nasty laundry detergent. It was wet which is exactly why I didn’t get it out the first time because I didn’t take any ducts apart and was using the wimpy brush not the heavy duty one.
Sooo, the old dryer really wasn’t broke 😬
But we can sell it. Not for the price of the new dryer 😬 but maybe a quarter of it. And my new household fixer item proved it’s worth again!!
We are tackling more projects this Labor Day weekend so I’ll post some more pictures later.